Matt Donahue

Thursday, March 17, 2005

First week of training

Whew. I'm nearly through my first week of official training. Tonight is the big work out- big intervals, at race pace. Happy St. Paddy's day! I suppose I'll need to quaff a few pints of Guiness after tonight's session.

In the spirit of St. Paddy's day, I offer a look at the sweet lass who is Miss Ireland.

Last night, during training, and after, I watched "The Day After Tomorrow". It's a fun movie about accelerated dramatic climate change, the coming of an ice age in under 8 days-squashed into two hours of uber dramatic CG weather scenes. The film has some over the top "I told you so" science and a funny and not so subtle charicature of Dick Cheney and George Bush, as imagined by someone who believes Dick makes the wheels turn in our administration. I wonder what would give anyone that impression? Politics asside, it has some incredible situations where New York is flooded, then frozen solid in two days. That coupled with wolf attacks and a father's quest to save his son and himself... it makes for fun couple of hours.

Dozer joined me for a few pints of Bavarian lager and watched along with me. The lager is decent, a good step back into the beer brewing groove, after having been out of it for a while. There is an American Steam beer in the fermenter, ready for a transfer, and a few other kits on the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home