Matt Donahue

Friday, October 07, 2005

Bike To Work

I didn't bike to work today. It's the first day I've commuted by metro in about two months? Maybe more, I can't remember.

I'm glad that DC has a metro. If it didn't exist things would be very different. I hope it expands and gets better. I think more people should ride the metro. That said, I have grown an aversion to riding metro.

I think that this can be attributed to riding a bike most of the time. I like the freedom that the bike offers. I can go faster or slower, I don't need to wait for much (the occasional light or stop sign). It's exercise, a chance to be outside, it's somewhat free (you need to pay for the bike and I suppose also the proximity to the work place counts as a cost as well, even though you need to pay to live somewhere).

Here's a cool post about biking to work.

1 Comments:

  • we took the metro to chinatown with the kids the other night
    it was an adventure

    By Blogger gwadzilla, at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home