Matt Donahue

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tricross

So I decided to buy a cyclocross bike. A Specialized Tricross. Any decision to buy a new bike is tough due to variety of bikes available, cost, questions of 'need' etc. This bike is planned to have a duel purpose; commuting and 'cross racing. I've never raced 'cross before, but it looks like a pile of fun. This blog by Fat Mark has some excellent 'cross racing entries.

The gang at City Bikes is building up the bike this week. So hopefully it will be in action some time next week, there's a 'cross race next weekend so maybe things will come together by then.

Jimmy, Brian and I watched the Boston Red Sox crumble in the face of the Chicago White Sox last night. I love watching baseball playoffs, they are so confounding. Small decisions, and mistakes can lead to big changes in a game. Last night was a prime example after Boston second baseman Graffinino made an error which set the stage for a three run homer. I'm not a huge fan of watching sports on the tube, but during the MLB playoffs I'm a sucker if Boston is playing.

And finally, this http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/health/nutrition/04bike.html from yesterday... An old topic which surfaces now and again. I hear Specialized is making more progress on high-tech seats to combat these problems. I say keep up the innovation and hope that someone solves it. However, I would bet that riding bikes is better for your health than being sedentary, all blood flow issues aside.

A link from Gwadzilla led me to this: http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001221126 further discussing the NYT article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home