Matt Donahue

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Bag

After 5 or 6 years it is time to retire the old back pack. It's strange that it has been that long. I remember getting a new school bag every few years, as old ones wore out from carrying around so many books, or as the book load got larger.

My current backpack, an EMS 'Where 2' has lasted a long time. Interestingly, it is backed by a lifetime warranty. Would it be right to go and ask them to sew the strap back on? It is VERY close to failing. I don't know, I've had it so long, it sort of seems like it is just time to get something new. I have commuted (by bike and on my lame days like this AM, by metro) with this bag since I bought it. I know how things fit, how much it can, and cannot, take.

A few years back, Dirt Rag did a review of a Baileyworks bag. It seemed like a great bag. It got a solid review. I managed to, for a change, to keep the idea in my head. Back when I read the article I probably said to myself, "When it comes time for a new bag, I should get one from these guys." So I did. I usually never remember things like that. I just checked and the article was in DR #102 August 2003.

It seems that their home page is having some sort of expired SSL certificate problem, so here is a link directly to the page for the bag I bought. https://www.baileyworks.com/products/SPRO.php. A burgundy medium. Lots of colors to choose from, I was feeling the burgundy today.

2 Comments:

  • Ha! You have a Blog!

    And to think what would have happened if I never typed Donahue into the blogger search engine.

    Go to EMS and cash in on the lifetime warranty. Otherwise it is just a meaningless marketing scheme.

    If you decide to buy a new bag you can always give the other one to charity.

    A lifetime warranty should be a lifetime warranty or they shouldn't offer one.

    Tell Rufus Magnus Venus I say hello.

    ~Kirk

    By Blogger Kirk, at 8:43 PM  

  • True enough. I suppose they should be building the lifetime warranty into their costs in the first place.

    I'm getting it fixed! or replaced...

    The new back is fancy though. I'm really enjoying it.

    By Blogger Matt Donahue, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home