Matt Donahue

Monday, May 01, 2006

Race #1 Greenbriar AMBC

My first race of the season is in the bag. It went OK... 6th out of 21 starters. The pisser of the day was flatting on the third and final lap. It happened near the top of the final downhill less than a mile from the finish and cost me a few places.

There were lots of CB team members on hand at the race, and also lots of flat tires. A full race write up to come.

This photo sequence of me turning through the main rock garden on the course is from friend and fellow teammate Joe who took several good shots of the team and other folks he knows from the biking scene.

Look at that concentration! It's kind of strange to see a photo of yourself in a race. Seeing my own facial expression now and trying to think back on what I was thinking at the moment- Rock rock turn rock line look up damn brake pedal knee-out pedal turn- or something like that. Here are the results if you feel like breaking down the times. Look under Sport Masters Men 30-34: Greenbriar AMBC results
Joe takes better photos with one arm than I do with two. The reason he was behind the camera and not behind the handlebars is due to a recent crash where he broke his clavicle. Nice shooting Joe!

More photos of the race and the team here: Flicr Also, our team website is sure to have several more race reports from other riders in the next few days.

2 Comments:

  • you are rocking and rolling this season matt
    is there speed for me if I want it?
    great to see you rolling so fast

    By Blogger gwadzilla, at 10:21 PM  

  • lodi.... how did lodi go?
    I know
    but how did you feel
    I will look for numbers now

    By Blogger gwadzilla, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home